VVDI2 Commander Key Programmer—LOADED BMW/VW/PORSHE (XHorse)
VVDI2 Commander Key Programmer is a multifunctional automotive diagnostic platform designed for automotive maintenance such as key programming, module programming, diagnostics and more by VVDI. It supports the following functions:
- OBD function for VW, Audi, Skoda, Porsche, BMW , Seat, Bentley
- Supports BMW CAS1, CAS2, CAS3 by OBD and CAS4 by Eeprom
- AUDI Generation 5, BMW OBD Function and BMW CAS4+ Functions
- Now Includes new VAG MQB/CS Software.
- Transponder chip programming - Read/Write/Copy/Verify
- Immobilizer Data Tool and Remote Programming
- Support of third-party software (ODIS, VAS5054, Techstream, HDS)
- Auto detect transponder and Remote frequency test
- Online firmware and software update (Free Lifetime)
- 2 year warranty
VVDI2 Frequently Asked Questions:
2. What is J2534 and why do I care?
J2534 is a standard protocol that most modern car manufacturers follow, essentially giving you the ability to buy one device and use it as a "dealer tool" for many makes. In the past, you would have had to buy one expensive machine for each and every make. The VVDI2 is a J2534-compliant pass-thru device that, in theory, can be used to program keys for all kinds of vehicles using manufacturer software. Specifically, the VVDI2 has been tested as working with VW's ODIS service software. More will be coming soon.
3. When programming BMW, how do I tell which system I am on?
CAS1, CAS2, and CAS3 can be programmed via the OBD2 port while CAS4 programming involves EEPROM. Connect the VVDI2 to your vehicle's OBD2 port and attempt to Auto-Detect. If it does not auto-detect CAS1, CAS2, or CAS3, then chances are your vehicle is CAS4. Remove the CAS module and the label will clearly state the system on the label.
4. Why do I have to resynchronize every month?
To stop their tools from being knocked off, XHorse requires that you connect your device to the Internet every 30 days. Simply connect your device to your PC, start the software, and the counter will be reset again for another 30 days.
5. Where can I get support?
You can call us for support, but we recommend contacting Dean at XHorse directly via Skype (username: 6cc5f00f8a58c507). He is the most knowledgeable and speaks very good English. He is located in China and typically becomes available to chat with around 5pm PST. Remember that our Friday night is their Saturday morning, and our Sunday night is their Monday morning.
6. What other accessories do I need?
We are unaware of any other accessories customers regularly purchase to get full use out of this tool.
7. Where can I get the latest software?
The software is the computer program you install on your computer to use the tool. As of January 2017, 5.0 is the latest version and can be downloaded here
8. Where can I get the latest firmware?
Firmware is the software that lives on the VVDI MB tool/hardware. To update your firmware:
- Install the software above to your computer
- Connect your VVDI2 to your PC using the included USB cable
- Choose VVDI2 firmware version from Firmware List
- Click on Update Online and wait for up to 3 minutes
- If you receive an error message about communication with the server, please pause your anti-virus and firewall software and try again.
- Please do not turn off your PC or unplug the USB cable during the update!
- VVDI2 Base Unit
- OBD2 Cable with K-Line Connector
- USB Data Cable
- 5th BDM Programming Cable
- Remote Programming Cable
- VVDI2 Overview (Version 1.2)
- Software Installation Instructions (Version 1.0)
- Software Update Instructions (Version 1.0)
- VVDI2 BMW User Manual (Version 1.1)
- VVDI2 VAG (VW/Audi) User Manual (Version 1.1)
- VVDI2 Transponder Programmer User Manual (Version 1.0)
- VVDI Software Version 1.2.5 (228.7 MB)
- Programming a BMW via OBD2
- Programming a 2009 Audi A6 via OBD2
- Programming a 2008 VW Touareg via OBD2
- Programming a BMW 5-Series via EEPROM
- Programming a BMW CAS1-4 via OBD2
- Copying a Hyundai Remote Head Key to a Universal Remote
- Converting a Blank 7936 Chip to GM Circle-Plus
- Installing and Using VVDI Prog for EEPROM